This event is rescheduled due to weather.
The new date is Thursday, October 20th.
DOWNTOWN MIDDLETOWN: LOVEABLE & LIVEABLE
The seven walkable blocks of Middletown’s Main Street are home to nearly 200 independent businesses from family-owned for generations to brand new. Visitors can sample the world at restaurants with a dozen different ethnic cuisines. This charming business district nestled along the Connecticut River is home to music, art, dancing, playtime, and even the movies, making it the perfect place to explore as a visitor or resident.
Schedule of Events – Thursday, October 20th
3PM-4PM – Welcome Reception & Registration – Community Health Center Rooftop
4PM-4:50PM – PROGRAM
- Welcome – Jen Alexander, Chair, Downtown Business District
- The DBD’s Roles & Responsibilities – Sandra Russo-Driska, DBD Coordinator
- Our Community in Action – Presented by Middletown Police Dept. Community Division & Chief Erik Costa
- A Vibrant & Residential Downtown – Presentations by Dominick DeMartino, DeMartino Development, and JR Hargraves, Hargraves Development
5PM-6PM – Guided walking tours along Main Street
6PM-7:30PM – Government Officials’ Reception – sponsored by the Inn at Middletown
- Featuring Lieutenant Governor Susan Bysiewicz , Middletown Mayor Ben Florsheim, and Larry McHugh, President, Middlesex County Chamber
- Complimentary food, beer and wine will be served along with a surprise parting gift!
- PARKING: Guests can park in the parking lot off Union Street behind Mondo Restaurant and the Inn at Middletown OR at the Community Health Center.
- A SHUTTLE BUS will be available at the Inn at Middletown beginning at 3:30 PM and will run a continuous loop to the Community Health Center until 7PM.
This event is approved for 2 credits for certified planners
With thanks to our AICP Certification Maintenance Provider FHI Studio.