CMSC Webinar: Supporting Small Businesses on Main Street
We all know small businesses are the lifeblood of Main Street, but are we giving them the support they need or actually want?
Supported by Main Street America’s 2022 Small Business Survey, we’ll review the findings and highlight the top three types of support small businesses want: incentives & financial support, increased district-wide marketing & promotion, and stronger organization of businesses in the area.
Learn how to take these findings and create effective programs to support your small business.
- Implement a façade improvement program that energizes vacant spaces and encourages new business starts
- Strengthen your district branding to change perception, involve everyone, and engage new partners
- Upgrade Merchant Meetups with informal storytelling events that bring the business community togethe
Meet the panelists:
- Mike Powe, Ph.D., Director of Research at Main Street America
- Julio Concepcion, Executive Director at Hartford Chamber of Commerce
- Lauren Coakley Vincent, President & CEO at Bridgeport Downtown Special Services District
- Melanie Lenci, Founder & Funmaker at Kick-Ass Entrepreneurs and Brenda Tozier, Administrative Assistant at Silver City Main Street (New Mexico)
This event is free, but registration is required.
This event is approved for 1 credit for certified planners
With thanks to our AICP Certification Maintenance Provider FHI Studio.