DOWNTOWN MIDDLETOWN: LOVEABLE & LIVEABLE
The seven walkable blocks of Middletown’s Main Street are home to nearly 200 independent businesses from family-owned for generations to brand new. Visitors can sample the world at restaurants with a dozen different ethnic cuisines. This charming business district nestled along the Connecticut River is home to music, art, dancing, playtime, and even the movies, making it the perfect place to explore as a visitor or resident.
Schedule of Events
3PM-4PM – Meet and Greet sponsored by the Inn at Middletown
4PM-4:50PM – PROGRAM
- Welcome remarks from Mayor Ben Florsheim & Lieutenant Governor Susan Bysiewicz
- Downtown Business District Chairperson, Jen Alexander, will speak about The Downtown Business District’s roles and responsibilities
- Our Community in Action presentation by Middletown Police Dept. Community Division
- Presenters Domenick Demartino (Demartino Development) and JR Hargraves (Hargraves Development) will lead a discussion on A Vibrant & Residential Downtown
- Closing Remarks from Larry McHugh, President of the Middlesex County Chamber of Commerce
5PM-6PM – Guided walking tours along Main Street
6PM-7:30PM – Complimentary Cocktail Reception at the Rooftop of the Community Health Center
- PARKING: All guests should park in the parking lot off Union Street behind Mondo Restaurant and the Inn at Middletown
- SHUTTLE BUS will be available and running between the Inn at Middletown and the Community Health Center following the walking tour
This event is approved for 2 credits for certified planners
With thanks to our AICP Certification Maintenance Provider FHI Studio.