CCM ADVISORY COMMITTEE – AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN
CMSC is pleased to be participating on a CCM Advisory Committee for the American Rescue Plan to assist communities in maximizing the benefits of unprecedented federal funding to municipalities. Here is a link to the announcement of the Advisory Committee.
We are interested in learning what projects your communities are pursuing, especially if they pertain to downtowns and business support. Please let us know if you have any questions that we can try to help get answered through the CCM Advisory Committee.
IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT ARPA
The first tranche of dollars should already be going out to communities over 50,000 in population and non-entitlement communities (less than 50k) could receive the funding as early as next week. There are a number of approved uses for ARPA funding. For downtowns and neighborhood commercial districts, there is the possibility that your communities can allocate funding to support small businesses impacted by the pandemic, as well as to assist the tourism, travel and hospitality sectors (or other similarly impacted sectors). Main Street America is also presenting a webinar on ARPA funding on Monday to explore the potential uses for downtowns.
The State of Connecticut is receiving its own allocation of ARPA funds. Below is a link to a slide show of Governor Lamont’s allocation plan which will be reviewed by the state legislature. Between ARPA funding and bond fund allocations there will be important programs for small business support and TOD being launched. It behooves everyone on this list to familiarize yourselves with the State’s plans in order to tap into funds for projects in your communities.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Let’s help as many CT restaurants impacted by the pandemic to tap into the Restaurant Revitalization Fund. There is a live webinar tomorrow, Thursday, May 13th at 9:30 a.m. about eligibility. There are recorded sessions as well. Contacting individual restaurants to alert them to this opportunity is highly recommended.
- Encourage eligible businesses to apply for the Shuttered Venues Grant Eligible businesses include: Live venue operators or promoters; Theatrical producers; Live performing arts organization operators; Museum operators; Motion picture theater operators (including owners); Talent representatives. More information is available here.
- There are two more programs as part of CT Economic Development Week on manufacturing and tech businesses – click here for info. If you missed Don Poland’s excellent presentation of vacant properties then I highly encourage you to check out the recording.
- A high-level ARP Treasury summary fact sheet of ARP. There is a separate guidance document that is available through this site.
- Slide show presentation of Governor Lamont’s ARPA allocation plan which will be reviewed by the state legislature.
- A spreadsheet of Estimated CT Municipal Funding Allocation
- Restaurant Revitalization Fund eligibility webinar tomorrow, Thursday, May 13th at 9:30 a.m.
- CT Economic Development Week May 10-14 – Find activities for Thursday, May 13th and Friday, May 14th.
- Main Street America is presenting a webinar on ARPA funding on Monday, May 17th at 2 p.m. to explore the potential uses for downtowns – You can register here.
On behalf of the CMSC Board and staff, we wish you all well as you continue to navigate the challenges that the pandemic has posed. Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions, as well as any suggestions.