Spotlight On Main Street – Downtown Torrington
It’s Happening Here!
Presented by Charlotte Hungerford Hospital
Torrington’s Main Street, touting one of the country’s largest collections of Art Deco Buildings, is in the heart of the city’s Cultural District. The wide sidewalks, beautiful landscaping and public art displayed throughout the area make it a great place to take a stroll. Visitors can enhance their experience by visiting one (or more) of the vibrant restaurants, galleries, shops and museums that line this quaint New England street. Torrington Main Street is perfect if you’re looking to take in a theatre performance, create a memory with your grandchildren or planning a fun night out.
Our Spotlight on Main Street event, co-sponsored by CEDAS, will introduce downtown professionals, economic development officials, and municipal leaders from across the state to this historic, walkable district. With presentations from local officials and a guided walking tour, attendees will be able to learn from Torrington’s challenges and successes, bringing home best practices to share with their own communities.
- 3:00 Networking & refreshments at Warner Theater
- 4:00 Presentation by Torrington officials
- 5:00 Guided Walking Tour along Main Street
- 6:00 Downtown Reception at a local restaurant
10:30 AM Update – It might be raining now, but the weather is forecasted to clear in time for our event. Please dress appropriately for some puddles and cooler air during our walking tour.
- We recommend parking at the City Hall Avenue Parking lot (along Main St. and Mason St.) or at Mason Street Parking lot.
- You can find an interactive map of available parking here. Using ParkMobile to pay and monitor your meter is also recommended.
With thanks to our Sponsors!