Spotlight on Main Street: Downtown Bridgeport
Fueled by creatives, arts and entertainment, dining and nightlife, Downtown Bridgeport is evolving into an inclusive, affordable and multicultural Downtown.
Connected to highways, trains and buses, it can be easily accessed by car or foot. Once vacant daytime office buildings are being converted into residential units, encouraging even more dining and nightlife in the city center. Downtown Bridgeport’s historic amenities are being brought to life through adaptive reuse and mixed-use projects. Public art is bringing vibrancy and engaging creativity in public spaces.
Attendees will be able to learn from Bridgeport’s struggles and successes bringing projects to the finish line and learn more about the impact a true partnership between a DSSD and an economic development department can have.
- 3:00 Networking & Check-In
- Join us for networking and refreshments at the Stress Factory
- 4:00 Presentation & Panel
- Lauren Coakley Vincent, Bridgeport DSSD
- Jonathan Delgado, City of Bridgeport, OPED
- Hear from a panel of Downtown Developers: Projects, Processes & Goals
- 5:00 Walking Tour of Downtown
- Bridgeport officials guide us through downtown
- 6:30 Downtown Reception
- Continue the conversation at Gather Tap & Tavern
Sponsorship Opportunities Available!