Our Main Streets connect people, even when we can’t be together.
There is nothing normal in this time of COVID, and many of us are stressed out as we navigate our new daily routines. But even in these unprecedented times people are coming together to demonstrate our deep compassion and commitment to each other. Click the links below for good news from CMSC’s member communities:
- Danbury has a new social media outreach program to encourage the public to order takeout from their downtown restaurants.
- They also created a DOWNTOWN STRONG logo and video to show support for the downtown.
- Kudos to the bridal shops and tailors on Main Street who are now making masks for seniors in Danbury.
- Berlin set up a program called Eat Local – Win Local to encourage residents to spend money at local restaurants. The program has since been picked up by 5 other communities including Bloomfield, East Hartford, Groton, Plainville and Wallingford. Click here for program details and here to see NBC 30’s coverage of the program.
- Curtis Packaging (who is celebrating their 175th anniversary this year!) is manufacturing faceshields to help the front line COVID-19 workers.
- Reverie Brewing Company is raising money for local businesses who’ve had to close as a result of COVID-19 through the sale of a Small Business Relief IPA beer.
Check out these feel-good articles from the New London Day.