As COVID-19 begins to have an increasingly significant impact on communities across the country, CMSC is compiling existing resources and opportunities to help Main Street districts now and going forward. From information regarding federal programs and advocacy to small business resources, to downtown & community guidance, to stories of how CMSC member communities are supporting each other, we are here to support you.
For Main Street Organizations
- Main Street America COVID-19 Resources
- International Downtown Association COVID-19 Resource Page
- Council of Development Finance Agencies (CDFA) COVID-19 Resource Center
- CivicLift is offering a 3-month COVID-19 Response Site platform – free of charge! The Northwest Hills Council of Governments is utilizing this through their town sites and through the discoverlitchfieldhills.com site, all of which are built on the CivicLift platform.
- Preventing Post-COVID-19 Vacancy: 6 Interventions Local Governments Should be Thinking About Now – This article lays out 6 strategies for towns and municipalities to consider to begin addressing property vacancies.
- COVID-19 Webinar: Impacts to CT’s Economy & Municipal Finances – Katie Roy (School and State Finance Project) and Michael J. Andreana (Pullman & Comley), present the potential effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on Connecticut’s economy and municipal finances. View the webinar