Let our experts show you how to reinvigorate your community.
When people know better, they do better. That’s the premise behind our Main Street Forums for the 21st Century, a comprehensive suite of programming that includes customized, peer-to-peer, and in-person educational events to help local and state leaders understand how to take advantage of their current assets, and the resources available to sustain and transform their downtowns. Our Main Street forums include:
- BRIDGE Series: BRIDGE stands for Brief, Relevant, In-Depth, Guided Education. These are combination networking/informational events open to Main Street member communities and Professional Affiliates. They offer the chance for peer learning and networking while delving more deeply into a specific Main Street topic.
- Spotlight on Main Street: CMSC partners with CEDAS on these networking events hosted locally by CMSC members in the spring and fall. Attendees enjoy a panel presentation from local officials, a walking tour of the downtown and an informal networking opportunity.
- CMSC Legacy Cities Showcase: These events feature development opportunities in our historic downtowns. Past Legacy City Showcase events have featured historic downtowns such as Waterbury and Torrington.
- Leaders on Main: These are professional development programs for Main Street Professionals.
- Main Street Executive Roundtable: Main Street professionals participate in relaxed yet purposeful conversations moderated by CMSC staff.
- Main Street Summits: CMSC’s newest offering brings together national and state experts to discuss Main Street-relevant topics such as adaptive reuse and retail in the age of online disruption during a day-long program.
Missed an event? Our webinars and past workshop materials are available at any time under our Workshop Archives.