Press Release – For Immediate Release
April 10, 2018
HARTFORD, April 10, 2018 – A hybrid business incubator that provides unique opportunities for collaboration between schools and business to increase college and career readiness while expanding downtown Wallingford business, and a CT Trust for Historic Preservation website that is a point of entry for those seeking to spur redevelopment of Connecticut’s historic mill buildings are just two of this year’s Awards of Excellence winners being recognized by the Connecticut Main Street Center (CMSC).
- Collective efforts in bringing more people to Hartford through creative placemaking;
- A block-by-block initiative to create a positive perception of downtown New London by working with store owners to install LED lights inside storefront windows;
- A young professionals’ initiative to highlight the diverse culture in downtown Danbury through weekly food truck events;
- A multi-year deliberate and incremental effort to redevelop Windsor Center with residential and office use around transit;
- And the State of Connecticut’s coordinated approach to improve the economy and quality of life through investments in development around transit.
Sponsors of the VIBRANT MAIN STREETS: 2018 CT Main Street Awards presentation include Fuss & O’Neill and Express Strategies.
About Connecticut Main Street Center
CMSC’s mission is to be the catalyst that ignites Connecticut’s Main Streets as the cornerstone of thriving communities. CMSC is dedicated to community and economic development within the context of historic preservation, and is committed to bringing Connecticut’s commercial districts back to life socially and economically.
CMSC is supported by its Founding Sponsors, the CT Department of Economic & Community Development(DECD) and Eversource Energy. CMSC is also supported by its Growth Sponsors, UIL Holdings Corp. and the State Historic Preservation Office . More information is available at www.ctmainstreet.org.