Press Release – For Immediate Release
April 1, 2020
Marketing & Development Director
HARTFORD, April 1, 2020 – Eight initiatives from communities across Connecticut will be receiving this year’s Awards of Excellence from the Connecticut Main Street Center, the state’s leading downtown resource. Ranging from a municipality’s role in setting the stage for the downtown’s economic and social success to private citizens who invested in the redevelopment of key historic structures, this year’s winners represent the most transformative, catalytic, and inclusive efforts in bringing Connecticut’s Main Streets back to life over the past year.
- Preservation & Adaptive Reuse: 690 Hopmeadow Street: The Ensign House, Simsbury
- Branding, Marketing & Communications: Colorful Bridgeport: a community identity program celebrating people, streets, places & spaces
- Public Space & Placemaking: The Beehive Bridge, New Britain
- Events & Programming: Global City Norwich Program
- Redevelopment & Adaptive Reuse: The Montgomery Mill, Windsor Locks
- Preservation & Adaptive Reuse: Hockanum Mill, Rockville
- Planning: Downtown 2020 Initiative, Manchester
- Stewardship:Post University Downtown, Waterbury
About Connecticut Main Street Center
CMSC’s mission is to be the catalyst that ignites Connecticut’s Main Streets as the cornerstone of thriving communities. CMSC is dedicated to community and economic development within the context of historic preservation, and is committed to bringing Connecticut’s commercial districts back to life socially and economically.
CMSC is supported by its Founding Sponsors, the CT Department of Economic & Community Development (DECD) and Eversource Energy. CMSC is also supported by its Growth Sponsors, UIL Holdings Corp. and the State Historic Preservation Office . More information is available at www.ctmainstreet.org.