Develop, fund and implement a lighting plan for the Main Street district.
Lighting can play a significant role in shaping the identity of a downtown. It helps create a sense of place, enhance safety and security and improve the overall quality of life for residents and visitors.
- Utilize your public amenities inventory and any previous community engagement feedback to create, fund and implement a lighting plan which includes energy saving and dark-sky-friendly practices.
- Develop and enforce policies and regulations to support the goals and objectives of the lighting plan.
- Review the plan every 5 years to keep up with industry standards and ensure a safe, sustainable, and equitable environment.
- Be sure that the lighting installations are regularly monitored, maintained, and repaired.
- Get creative with your lighting to highlight your Main Street assets including merchant windows, public art installations, historic buildings and architectural features to provide an enhanced experience for residents and visitors.